Data Cabling & Electrical Service & Maintenance
Maintenance and support for electrical and network cabling and equipment
Preventative maintenance and ongoing service will ensure your data cabling, electrical and hardware are consistently performing to their maximum efficiency. A solid, maintained cabling infrastructure will support the active hardware. Furthermore it will ensure any downtime is avoided through regular checks. In addition to checks changes can be made to broken cables, poor patching or faulty electrical equipment.
Always on hand to ensure your cabling system integrity
PAT testing is also a regular requirements to ensure your portable appliances are not only working correctly but are also not affecting your main electrical system and causing trips and overloads.
We provide a range of solutions from regular visits through to full support service-level agreements (SLAs).
Data Cabinet Tidy Services and Cable Audits
Your overall infrastructure is only as good as its weakest part. Therefore if you have a messy or non compliant data cabinet you have a point of potential problems. Thus by auditing your data cabinet for messy patching you eliminate the unknown elements of whether your ports are live or patched into the correct data network. Furthermore when your cabinet is messy there is the potential to accidentally pull out electrical leads. Thus causing a total outage and downtime for your business. Therefore we offer data cabinet tidy services communication rooms of all sizes.
Reasons your should undertake a data cabinet tidy service
- Highlighting if data cabinet is patched correctly and not into the incorrect network
- Avoiding patching data switches into one another or “looped” back on to itself – Causing a network crash
- Reduce network switch costs by highlighting unused ports and thus requirements for active equipment
- Avoiding electrical shock through poorly installed electrical leads and sockets
- Read more about ‘How To Fix Messy Data Cables’
PAT Testing Certification
Regular testing and inspection, prevents electrical faults, avoid shocks, fires and saves lives. Thus regular PAT Testing certification checks that your appliances are electrical safe and ok to use. Most electrical safety defects can be found by visual examination but some types of defect can only be found by testing. Therefore PAT testing certification ensures this is done in the correct way. The Government guideline on PAT testing can be found HERE
Data Cabling Testing to Test Network Cable Infrastructure
Data cabling on the surface looks the same in every installation. However unless that installation has certified results from a cable tester you won’t know if that installation is suitable for your technology or will even work to the required standard.
The reasons to test network cable installations
- Is the cabling actually the stated category and does it perform to that standard. i.e is it actually a Cat6 installation
- Is the cabling terminated and installed correctly and working to the correct speeds and standards. Without this performance will suffer such as VoIP
- Are the components still good and functioning. The Network cable test will highlight any weakness in the link
When to test network cable installations
- Before moving into a new premises. – this will highlight whether you can use the existing or need to upgrade
- When installing new technology on existing cabling. Will your new WiFi or VoIP function correctly on what is already present
- To troubleshoot. When your network is running slowly or having glitches then a network cable test will highlight any problem areas
Why is Important to Test Cabling Installations?
It might seem obvious but thorough testing of cabling installations to industry standards is an essential part of any cabling project. Cabling is such an important part of the network structure that it goes without saying that strong, reliable systems are essential. Read more about ‘Why is it Important to Test Data Cabling’
Maintenance and Service Call Outs
Regular service and maintenance is part of all installations and across all industries. However this is often overlooked when it comes to data cabling, electrical and its associated technology. Service and maintenance can be used for the following areas
- Electrical, PAT Testing Certification, Fixed Wiring Testing and Fuse Board Checks and Testing
- Data Cabling Testing
- Audio Visual – Software updates, maintenance and service upgrades
- CCTV and Access – Software upgrades, service and evaluation of suitability for changes to the business
- Mobile Phone Boosters – Upgrade of software and suitability check for employees and service coverage
Maintenance can be carried out over different phases within the year depending on the requirements of the systems installed. In Some cases this will be longer than a year. Service call outs can be designed to suit the equipment and the client requirements.
View our full range of services in our Data Cabling Services Brochure
For more information on our range of services and knowledge articles please visit our Knowledge Centre Here
Contact NM Cabling For a free review on how we can assist in your maintenance and servicing please call 01923 888588